Latest Version: 3.0.1 08 March 2012
While I’ve been “new ideas administrator” at ozgurlukicin.com, which is a community based web-site supported by Pardus; I’ve realized there are too many ideas complaining about how hard it is to transfer Pardus to USB drives. And there is no proper application supporting both Windows and Linux environments and also supporting latest versions of Pardus. So, I’ve decided to build one 🙂
I don’t have time to create “excellent” program, there may be bugs or some errors, no warranty at all.
Project is licensed under terms of GNU/GPL.
Features in both Windows and Linux versions of application:
- Works with most hybrid ISO operating system.
- Lists connected USB devices automatically. So the chance of formatting your harddisk by mistake is really low.
- You can see transfering process MB by MB.
- NEW: Multi-language support.
- NEW: Easy to use, wizard-type user interface.
Features only available in Windows version:
- NEW: You can transfer directly from CD/DVD. The only the you’ve got to do is inserting disk and starting the process.
- NEW: You can format your USB drive after installing.
Most of the new features added in version 2.0
- You might have to format your USB drive as FAT32 before starting. Windows users can use included format function.
- Please make backups of your data. All data in selected USB disk will be destroyed.
- Product tested on Pardus 2011, Windows XP and Windows 7.
- To use your USB drive again you should format it. Use this program if you have problems.
- Pardus can be downloaded here.
MeeGo can be downloaded here.
- Project developed in Python and PyQt was used for GUI.
- I just want to say it again, there is no any warranties, you have all responsibility.
- Because of unsupported features, program will start in ISO/IMG mode in Linux. It is not a problem.
Transferable Operating Systems:
- Ubuntu 10.10, Kubuntu 10.10, Lubuntu 10.10, Xubuntu 10.10.*
- Latest versions of Debian Live CD’s, Fedora, OpenSUSE, ArchLinux, Chakra Linux.*
- Pardus 2009.2, 2011, 2011.1, 2011.2, Corporate 2: And 32bit, 64bit, nightly, installable or live cd versions of these operating systems.
- MeeGo 1.2
*: Only available on USBTransfer 3.
I’ve tested transfering above operating system. Program can transfer other operating system but they are not tested yet. You cannot transfer all Linux distributions via this program. For example Ubuntu 10.04 is not supported.
Download here:[important]For users, who are getting error while opening the application should download Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 (Redistributable). You can download it here for free.[/important]
Download Stable Version:
Your Operating System: Windows (EXE File)
USBTransfer 3.0.1 (Multi-language, 32bit and 64bit compatible)
Start start.py with giving this command “python start.py”
Google Code Project Page: http://code.google.com/p/usbaktarici/
New on USBTransfer 3:
- Transfer Ubuntu 10.10, Fedora, OpenSUSE, ArchLinux, Debian Live, Pardus, Chakra, MeeGo and other major distributions to USB drive.
- New advanced format and partitioning for Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- New disk selection screen.
- Transfer from DVD or CD or format your drive after transfer on Linux. (This features wasn’t available on version 2)
Application is available on these languages at the moment:
Dutch, English, Estonian, German, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
Help me by translating to your own language. It is easy and does not take much time.
Click this link to get more information about translating: http://blog.oguzkirat.com/usb-transfer-translations
Thanks: To all Pardus community, creators of Milky iconset, Qt, PyQt, dd for Windows developers.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.